9 – 11 ноября 2022 года
International Scientific Conference "Barthold Readings"
On the 9th-11th of November, 2022, the International Scientific Conference "Barthold Readings" will be held. This event is a continuation of a long-term scientific tradition.
The Institute of Oriental Studies (the Russian Academy of Sciences) invites to take part in the International Scientific Conference "Barthold Readings". The event is organized by the Oriental History Department.
The conference is scheduled for the 9th-11th of 2022 and will be held in a face-to-face format.
- Methods of Eastern historical source studies
- Source studies of new records and additional studies of already discovered written monuments
- Textology. Newly discovered lists and famous works editions, their textual analysis
- Numismatics, epigraphy, and sphragistics
- Chronology, metrology, and genealogy
- Diplomatics, paleography
- Archaeography of handwritten written records
- History of national and world oriental source studies. Personalities
- The Eastern countries and people's historiography
In addition to the topics traditional for the conference "Barthold Readings", applications of the broadest focus on other aspects of the Eastern written records study and the Eastern history are welcome.
The conference organizing committee asks you to send applications and abstracts until the 30th of September 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts are accepted in Russian or English, Times New Roman font, size 14, spacing 1.5, the total volume has to be no more than 3000 characters (with spaces).
The application has to be sent in a separate file, which has to contain the author's personal data: full surname, first name, academic degree and title, place of work, position, contact e-mail and phone number (a sample application is attached).
Sectional sessions will be formed on the basis of submitted applications and abstracts.
Travel expenses related to the arrival and accommodation of speakers are borne by the sending party or the conference participant personally.
Following the results of the conference, it is planned to publish a collection of articles. Full texts of articles on reports are accepted until the 30th of November 2022.
- Sample Application
- Surname, name
- Academic degree and title
- Place of work and position
- Email address
- Form of participation (full-time / remote)
- Abstract Sample
- Name of the participant. Institution, institution address, contact e-mail
The report theses have to be no more than 3000 characters.