Dr. of Political science
Center for Study of Common Problems of Contemporary East
Graduated from the Institute of Asian and African Studies, Moscow State University. Ph. D., 1978, Theme of Dissertation – Socio-political Development of Kuwait after the independence; Since 2006 – Professor in the Department of Oriental Studies in Russian State University for Humanities.t1999 – Docteur d’État (Habilitation); the subject of post-doctoral dissertation: The Gulf Cooperation Council in Global and Regional Processes.
Dr., Professor, Department of Oriental Studies in Russian State University for Humanities (Moscow).
The international relations in the Middle East.
List of main publications
- Vneshnia politika Saudovskoi Aravii: prioritety, napravleniya, process priniatiya resheniya (The Foreign Policy of Saudi Arabia: Priorities, Directions, Decision-Making Process). Moscow, 2003 (co-authored).
- Gulf Cooperation Council Relations with Russia, Gulf Research Center, Dubai, 2005.
- Region Zaliva: conflikti, compromisi, sotrudnitshestvo (The Gulf Region: conflicts, compromises, cooperation. Moscow, 2008.
- Dirasat fi taarih Al-Kuwait al-hadis va al-muasir (Researches of Modern and Contemporary History of Kuwait). Kuwait, 2011.
- Noveishaya istoriya Kuveita (Contemporary History of Kuwait). Moscow, 2011.
- Kuwait v 2000-e godi: vnutripolititsheskoe razvitie i vneshniaa politika (Kuwait in 2000s: internal political development and foreign policy). Moscow, 2014.
- Istoriya gosudarstv Arabskogo zaliva v XX - nachale XXI veka (History of the Arab Gulf States in XX - the beginning of XXI century). Moscow, 2016.